Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Confident of my weakness

I don't know how many people would even check this blog as I have been very purposeful in not posting here for a while.  Sometimes it isn't always the best thing to have all your business out there for people to misuse and misrepresent so I took much of what I had off.  That said, I need an outlet to write my thoughts and this is as good of one as any - even if no one reads it.

I started a bible study today with some ladies at church - "Gideon" by Priscilla Shirer.  They had already done 2 weeks before today and I rushed to catch up.  I don't know if I could have adequately explained where I am in my walk with Christ or what I needed from Him today but I promise you I received a miracle when I went.  All the issues that I was struggling with were addressed and I was floored.  I don't know why I'm surprised, God always knows what is going on and what we need and I'm so thankful that he helped provide for my needs today.

Some of the key points from the video today:

God doesn't call us to do hard stuff, he calls us to do impossible stuff.  Stuff that we could only do with His help.

The weaknesses in my life was given to me as the key to the strength of God in my life.

Be confident in weaknesses as it gives God an opportunity to shine in our lives.

I don't want to be confident in my weaknesses - I'll be honest.  I have some crazy weaknesses, in areas that are deeply private but I chose to talk about in a public forum online and in the church. If the only way to be confident of God's strength in my life is to also be confident in my weaknesses, I guess I'll have to go with it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment