Monday, September 10, 2012

Weighted Words

So, I was sitting here tonight watching The Voice.  It's not a show I've really watched before but for some reason this time I thought I'd give it a shot.  What an incredible amount of talent displayed by the contestants - I wish I could sing like that but that's not what stuck out to me.  The last singer of the night was AMAZINGLY good.  He had an incredible voice and a ton of talent.  In his package he talked about an 8th grade teacher telling him that he'd never amount to anything and how that affected him.  He was motivated to apply for an arts public school and needed all 4 of his teachers to recommend him and this one teacher would not.

One sentence, made by a heartless person when he was in 8th grade had a significant affect on his life in a negative way.

One sentence, 6 words and this young man's confidence in himself was demolished.

6 words.

That's not many words.

It really challenged me to think about the words I say because I may not realize the impact they may have on someone else.  As a mother I need to be mindful of what I say to my children.  As a wife I need to be mindful of what I say to my husband.  As a friend I need to be mindful of what I say to my friends.

6 words.

One life changed.

Lord let my words make a positive impact on others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment